Cucurbit Storage Review
This review is on best practices for the storage of Cucurbit crops grown outdoors in the UK: courgettes and marrows (Cucurbita pepo), butternut squash (Cucurbita moschata) and pumpkins (Cucurbita maxima). It also examines gaps in knowledge and provides recommendations for areas of research for these crops. The information contained includes -
- Preharvest management strategies to reduce postharvest losses
- Harvest and postharvest strategies to improve storage
- Quality considerations & recommended storage conditions
- Storage losses and their causes
- Varietal impacts on storage
This information was last updated in 2019.